Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Article: Raising Entrepreneurial Kids, Teaching Responsibility, and Initiative

Here's a great article about how to create a family economy... one where the kids EARN their money instead of getting allowances. My family has been doing this for a little over a year now and I LOVE it!

 I LOVE that my children are learning how the real world works.
 I love that they have been taught to take initiative
 I love that they are responsible for purchasing not only what they want, but also what they need (minus socks   and underwear) This includes new clothes and school supplies!
 I love that it is teaching them responsibility and accountability!

And it's NEVER to young to start! My kids are 7, and almost 6 and they thrive in our family economy!
sidenote: (I have a 3 year old and an infant that will start when they hit about 5. Although I do start them with chores at age 3, they are just rewarded a bit differently since they can't exactly budget at that age.)

To learn more about how you can establish a family economy CLICK HERE

To read an article from a mom who established a family economy with great success CLICK HERE (it's a good story!)

No comments:

Post a Comment