Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hackschooling

I LOVE this video. In fact, I loved it so much I just had to share it with you guys. Even if you don't homeschool your children you could easily implement these ideas into the lives of your children.


Watch the whole video- it's only 11 minutes long- and take notes :)

Here is a list of my notes on how I can incorporate these ideas into my children's lives:

*Nature days- My children BEG for nature days- We need to do it more often.
*Focusing on maintaining childhood happiness and joy instead of focusing on "what do you want to DO when you grow up"
*Took notes on the 7 areas of happiness and how we as a family can find better balance by increasing/decreasing those specific areas.
*And of course because I homeschool my children: Using the community as a resource for classes and subjects to help them find their passions in life. Because there's only so much a home and a library can teach:)


2 comments:

  1. That was so good! What a great perspective of looking at education. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What if we based education on the study and practice of being happy and healthy?" Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete