Tuesday, March 29, 2011

DIY Pizza Night

Friday Nights are designated as our Family Activity Day. We spend Monday Night learning, and Friday night playing as a family. This way our week is sandwiched by time spent together :)
One of my resolutions this year is to plan more fun, educational, and unique events for "F.A.D". We spent our first Friday together this year playing Pizza Chefs!

FAMILY ACTIVITY IDEA:
Pizza Bar!
Decorating, baking, and eating home-made pizza!

 {This required quite a bit of prep work from me but it was well worth it!}

Items needed:
Toppings:
Cheese (several types if you're ambitious)
Tomatoes
Green/Red Peppers
Olives
Onions
Pepporoni
Sausage
Bacon
Pineapple
Ham
Mushrooms
Squash
Spinach
Chicken
Pizza Sauce
Alfredo Sauce
Barbeque Sauce

And of course good old fashioned home made Pizza Dough!
I used this recipe I found at All Recipes.   I doubled the recipe because we invited my sister and her husband over so including their 2 little kids we had 6 kids under 6 and us 4 adults. We had just enough dough for 6 baby pizzas and 2 large ones for the boys!
This dough was so good we are going to be making bread sticks with this dough in the future!

Here are my Kid's creations


And here is my 5 year old regretting that she put squash on her creation :)


And here is my biggest kid showing off his creation: Stuffed Crust BBQ/Alfredo Chicken Tomato Pizza. He got reeeeeeeaallly into this :)

And remember... 
A family that plays together STAYS together! {that's how that saying goes right? ;) }

No comments:

Post a Comment